Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Challenge

I had so much fun creating my first entry to the CAS Sketch, I decided to work on another card.




For the second card, I needed a birthday card, and pulled out one of my favorite die cuts!






And here is my take on the challenge sketch::






I used one of my favorite die cuts and cut this from a light teal and vellum.  I shaded the die cut with some distressed ink.  I then cut out my "happy" from dark grey card stock and stamped the "birthday" sentiment.  As a final touch, I added a few little embellishments with glitter paper.

A quick and easy card!












Here is a close up of the main image, so you can better see the vellum and the little pieces of glitter paper.  Also, the highlight of the leaves with distress ink really make the image pop.  

Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! I love your beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch! Such a pretty color theme, too.

    ReplyDelete