Friday, May 29, 2015

Love Never Melts PS Sparks Challenge

Busy morning today.  I did my long ride today (about 25 miles) this morning.  15.3 mph, not my best time but not bad for early in the riding season.  Tacos for lunch....yummy....now a little relaxing before some afternoon tennis practice with Hatsumi and Grace.


I decided to participate in the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  I really like the sketch and thought I could finally use the Snow Dudes stamp set that I purchased some time ago and have been dying to use, even though winter is long gone for us!!!  Also, I realized that I could use a few more Paper Smooches stamp sets so I took this opportunity to buy a few more....hopefully they will arrive soon!   Something to look forward to ;)  I finished this card a few days ago, but just now having time to post it.


I thought this sketch is just perfect for a shaker card.  I started off with using an embossing folder to dry emboss the light blue card stock.  I then die cut a large circle.  I used my dies to cut out a hillside border for my snow bank.  I colored the snow couple with my Copic makers, and highlighted them with a bit of Wink of Stella.  I stamped some snowflakes in the circle so if the shaker elements are not seen, there will be some light blue snowflakes in the background.  I made my own shaker elements with glitter paper and a heart punch, instead of using sequins---really like this effect, almost better than sequins!



Here's a close up, where you can really see the embossed background and the shaker elements!

I really like how the card turned out...it's super cute.  Thanks Paper Smooches for the inspiration!


Supplies:


3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Love that sweet little winter scene. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter heart shaker card? Yes please! This is so adorable! Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card on the Paper Smooches Facebook page--- Congrats on being a FB Featured Fan!

    What a fun shaker card--- and great use of this sketch! YOU ROCK:)

    THANKS for joining in the fun with the PSS challenge:) Hope you join in the fun again soon!

    ReplyDelete