Sunday, June 21, 2015

Thanks - Challenges

No Sunday bike ride today...gotta let the body rest for a few extra days, lots of riding, and tennis matches over the last week that an extra day of rest will help these old bones!  Instead, a bit of gardening and a little relaxing watching the Women's World Cup Soccer---looking forward to the Canada v. Switzerland game in a bit.  Anywho...here's my post for today.





Less is More is focusing on using stencils for the next challenge--and since I love using stencils and molding paste this challenge is right up my alley; and






Freshly Made Sketches posted this sketch, so why not combine the two!
For my card, I started with the flowered stencil and used molding paste on white card stock.  I then die cut the "Thanks" sentiment---I didn't like the flat look of the yellow card stock, so I used a bit of distressed ink to give it some depth. I then adhered the sentiment to fun foam to give it some pop and ensure it doesn't get lost in the flowers.  I was going to add a few sequins, but that was just a bit too much!  I decided to leave it a simple.  A true Clean and Simple Card!




Supplies:
  • Bazzill Card Stock:  Marshmallow, Easter Grass, Grapefruit Bliss
  • Liquitex Flexible Molding Paste
  • Lawn Fawn Die:  Scripty Thanks
  • Distressed Ink:  Spiced Maramalade
  • Stencil:  Crafters Workshop Mini Daisy Cluster

8 comments:

  1. This is sooo pretty! I love the way the sentiment looks against the embossed flowers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very CAS indeed and a great idea to add colour and dimension to the sentiment

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crisp, CAS, elegant and totally gorgeous stencilling teamed with the pop of colour and dimension to the sentiment. Love it. You might like to link up at AAA Cards too as we have a stencil and paste challenge this week.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pasted background and that sunny sentiment, the depth you added with your ink looks amazing.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!
    This looks terrific what great embossing... love this stencil!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. I must get some molding paste and try adding a layer of fun foam to my die cut words. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! I love, love, love all that white space and texture. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on my comments, sorry this is so late!
    Fab card and I love the shading on the sentiment

    Thanks for joining us last week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete