Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beach Challenge

Well a busy day today. Started with some tennis with the husband.  We tried the new drill from Tuesday, and unfortunately, I was a bit off the mark today.  Not my best showing...oh well. There's always next week :)  At least the work out was good...my FitBit recorded 2 hours and 10 minutes...with over 1 hour 10 in cardio!!!

We'd love you to display our banner



Less is More has a Beach Challenge.  I'm excited about this one because I love my newest stamp set from My Favorite Things, which is perfect for this challenge.



Okay I know this looks like lots of layers, but in fact it is only one.  I created this entire card with the inlaid die technique.  So in fact, it is only one layer.  This is the first time I used this technique with the entire card and was quite surprised at how easy it was to create.

Basically, I cut out each of the elements with my Cuddlebug.  I colored the penguin and the tree with Copic markers.  I used a bit of distressed ink for the sky and sand and then put them together like a puzzle.

Actually it was quite simple.  My favorite part of the card is tummy of the penguin---I gave him a light sunburn ;)



Supplies:
  • Bazzill Cardstock:  Marshmallow, Banana Split. Lime Crush
  • My Favorite Things Stamp Set:  Tropical Penguins
  • Simon Says Die Cut:  Relax
  • Lawn Fawn Die Cut:  Polaroid
  • Distressed Ink:  Broken China, Antique Linen
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 
  • Copic Markers

4 comments:

  1. So cute, fun and an adorable little beach scene
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great fun!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That penguin is such a cutie! Fab inlaying too
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scene, great technique and fab colouring too. I think I need this set, that penguin is so cute!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete