Sunday, July 26, 2015

Go Boldy Challenge

What a beautiful Sunday!  A perfect day for some outside exercise...with the heat wave approaching tomorrow, I had to get some tennis time this morning.  I played with my husband and his friend.  Everyone was on their A game, so it proved to be a great tennis morning.  And according to the FitBit some good cardio time---though not as good as my normal Sunday bike ride!


I didn't think I was going to have time to come up with a card for the most current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #196.  I really like the sketch, and had so many ideas, that I found it a bit hard to narrow it down.  But a little focus this afternoon allowed me to make and submit this card to the challenge.

Here's what I came up with...

I started off by using a bit of distressed ink for the background.  I then stamped and colored the various elements with Copic markers, cut them out and adhered them to the card stock.  I used silver embossing powder for the sentiment to match the glitter stars that I cut out.

I've been enjoying using my wave die to add some interest to the cards---and have really liked how it adds a bit of dimension and interest.  My new favorite technique!


Supplies:
  • Bazzill Card stock: Marshmallow, Grapefruit Bliss
  • Glitter Paper
  • Distressed Ink:  Sapphire, Picked Raspberry
  • Paper Smooches Stamps:  Space Cadet
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Versamark Ink
  • Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder
  • Lawn Fawn:  Wave Dies
  • Lawn Fawn:  Polaroid Die
  • Fun Foam (which I used to pop the entire white panel)

3 comments:

  1. I love this card! The purple background looks fabulous with the white space and the images are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love how you've colored this, and the wave die is perfect for this card and sketch. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! That background and your coloring are fabulous! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete