Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hey Chick - Challenge

I didn't go for my normal bike ride today, because I had a tennis match in the afternoon.  While I didn't win, I did learn somethings which is the next best thing to winning!  Next time!  My match ended just in time for the Women's World Cup Finals, US v. Japan.  It wasn't the type of game I anticipated, but lots of exciting goals, with the US pulling out a decisive victory!






Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #193 ends tomorrow, so I quickly finished up this card after the soccer match. The sketch just calls for a shaker card--though I'm beginning to see a shaker card in every sketch ;)

Here's my take on the sketch...




For this card, I used several of my favorite techniques.  I used molding paste for the background. I like the white on white as it gives a little bit of interest in the background without taking away from the main image.

My second favorite technique is making my own shaker elements with the little chicks---so cute.  I stamped the little nests in the background of the shaker portion so when the chicks aren't shaken, there is an image in the background.

All the coloring was done with my copic markers.




Supplies:
  • Bazzill Cardstock:  Marshmallow, Rock Candy, Grapefruit Bliss
  • My Favorite Things Stamps and Dies:  The Whole Herd
  • Lawn Fawn Dies:  Stitched & Scalloped Borders
  • My Favorite Things Stencil:  Cow Print
  • Liquitex Flexible Molding Paste
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic Markers
  • Avery Elle Ink:  Mimosa

2 comments:

  1. I love those bouncing chicks! Cute card.....and the background is great! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card Susan! I love those chicks! They remind me of my boys!!! Very sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete