Friday, November 27, 2015

Merry "CAS" Christmas

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We had a nice time...lots of great food and fun company! Today is freezing, but the sun is shining.  My husband and I made it to the courts for some tennis practice.  Great practice with lots of hard hitting and, now, I am set for my match on Sunday! Thanks husband for the workout!



I finished a card today for the Addicted to CAS Challenge. I'm also throwing my hat in for the design team. Wish me luck!


This is a great challenge...CAS and dimension. Love this idea, to add a bit of dimension while still maintaining the idea of a clean and simple card.

Here's my take on the challenge. Let me know what you think!


I started off by stamping the Santa onto my card stock and heat embossed him.  I love to heat emboss my images as it makes the image pop and helps keep the color from bleeding outside the image. I then colored him with copic markers.  I then stamped my sentiment on a separate piece of card stock and die cut the letters and adhered it to my Santa panel with some foam tape.

I used my trees die to trim down the white panel and added a bit of foam tape to the panel.  I then added a few snow flakes to the blue panel (which I quickly created with distressed ink) with some molding paste---just for some added dimension.

And there you have it!


Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock
  • My Favorite Things Stamps:  Jingle All The Way
  • Lawn Fawn Stamps:  Owen's ABC's
  • Lawn Fawn Dies:  Forest Border Die
  • Simon Says Stamps Stencil:  Falling Snow
  • Copic Markers
  • Versafine Ink:  Satin Red, Onyx Black
  • Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Simply fun, funky and fabulous Susan!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along in our birthday challenge at ATCAS and good luck with the DT call.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan, this is so much fun! I love your layer of trees and that totally rocking santa! So glad you joined us for our birthday celebrations at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete