Saturday, January 9, 2016

Addicted to CAS - CAKE

I'm thrilled to be part of the design team here at Addicted to CAS!  What a great honor!



The challenge for today is CAKE!  I can't think of a better way to kick off the start of my tenure here! 

Jaydee is the inspiration for this tag!  We also are thrilled to have Elizabeth Stewart with us as our guest designer, so head on over and see what the design team came up with.

We, of course, can't wait to see what your creativity brings!





I started off by stamping my image and sentiment with Versafine ink, so I can use clear embossing powder to heat emboss the image.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I also used my Copic markers to add a few dots surrounding my stars around the cake.  

As a final touch, I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the stars and popped the panel on some foam tape and done!







Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock 
  • Bazzill Cardstock:  Cotton Candy
  • Lawn Fawn Stamps:  Bake Me A Cake
  • Mama Elephant Stamps:  Carnival Toppers
  • Versafine Ink:  Sepia
  • Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder
  • Copic Markers

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the ATCAS Design Team, Susan! I love how you used your Copics to color your cake and stars...so pretty! Adding dots and sparkle to your design was such a great touch, too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet take on the code word. Love the layout and colouring, a touch of glitter by Wink of Stella is just perfect to make it festive. Welcome to ATCAS team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, Welcome to the Design Team!
    Very cute cake..love the sprinkling of stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you on the team Susan and looking forward to working alongside you. You've certainly sprinkled some magic into this first challenge with an adorable cake and so perfectly coloured. Love it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the ATCAS design team.. Your card is adorable and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just feel so happy looking at this card. The cake is just a party in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a happy card, love the sprinkle of stars around the cake :) so happy to have you on our team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan,

    Your card is a celebration in itself. I'm so taken with the combo of the stars and cake! Your coloring is spot on and don't you love versafine inks? I could not live without them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your big, bold cake and soft colors. The stars behind the cake add so much movement. Love them. Thanks for rocking my challenge
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete