Sunday, March 20, 2016

CAS on Sunday - Stencil It

I have a tennis match later today, so hope the weather holds.  My husband practiced with me this week, so I'm ready!

Another new challenge is starting today at CAS on Sunday.  The theme for this week is "Stencil It". I love my stencils and have been dying to try out this new stamp set that I received from Avery Elle.  I know it is not even close to Christmas, but I have been wanting this stamp set for awhile and I finally pulled the trigger.  Thus, this is the first Christmas card of 2016---a bit early, but better than too late!

I started by using distress ink on my stencil to create the brick background.  
I then used my die cut to cut the black rope for hanging the stockings.  I then stamped, colored and cut out the stockings.  I popped them up on foam tape and then stamped the sentiment on the bottom.

Actually a fairly simple card!  Hope you come over a join the challenge.  We would love to see what you come up with.


Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock
  • My Favorite Things Brick Stencil
  • Simon Says Stamps:  Banner Die Cut
  • Avery Elle:  Stocking Stamp
  • Distressed Ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic markers

5 comments:

  1. Susan, your card is amazing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool, I love the effect of the brickwall together with this stocking image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Susan, really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, Susan. I love that brick background! Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card the back ground is brilliant really sets off the stockings Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete