Saturday, June 11, 2016

Less is More - Splatters

I had a bit of a mishap on my bicycle yesterday, where I ran over a screw!  It was so long and deep that I was unable to just change out the tube and continue with my ride as it punctured it's way into the rim....thanks husband for stopping your tennis game to come and get me stranded by the side of the road!

The good news is that we have another challenge starting today at Less is More!  This week our theme is Splatters!  We received these terrific stencils from Stamplorations to use just for this challenge.  They are so fun. Here's my take on the challenge...





I started by using distress inks to ink up my banner, after creating a mask.  I then masked the banner and inked up my splatters.  I then heat embossed my sentiment, careful to make sure my distressed ink was dry!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!






Supplies:


13 comments:

  1. Love your colour combos here Susan and I've been swooning over this one for weeks :-) Super take on the splatters and can't believe your banner is on the one layer too - such dimension and so clever. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realise that this was one layer at first glance Susan! Perfect masking and I love the contrast of the black with the bright splats. I hope you have a good weekend without further cycling mishaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great with the black against the bright splatters. I love how you've created a dimensional feel by shadowing the banner. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I love the bright colours and the masked banner for the sentiment. I was convinced it was separate! It looks 3D. I hadn't realised it was a one-layer challenge at first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and colorful card. I love using splatters on my cards so I hope I can join in at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the graduating colours, great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO clever, the banner looks amazing and the colours of the splatters really pop!
    One layer perfection!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan love your card, great bright coloured splats, love the sentiment white on black over the top. It really pops out of the card.
    Thanks for the visit too.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant banner Susan! And your fantastically blended splats look amazing. Love it.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous blending with your inks, Susan! Such a stunning card! So glad I just ordered this stencil...it looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally here to comment! I've loved this since I saw it over on the DT blog. Such a gorgeous cluster of colourful splats and the dimension you've created with your banner is stunning! Great work xx

    ReplyDelete