Saturday, February 18, 2017

Addicted to CAS - Wood

We are hoping for a few days of dry weather before another few small storms come in.  Not enough to rain all day, but enough so the courts remain wet!  Hopefully, I'll fit in another competitive match before the next rain!




We have another challenge starting over at Addicted to CAS.  This one is super clever...the theme is wood.  Hmmmm...interesting.  At first I was a bit nervous, but then remembers a few stamps and dies I could use.  I then settled on this inlaid die card...






I started by using watercolor paper because I didn't want to bright white card, and my watercolor paper is a bit softer in color.

I started by die cutting the tree in dark brown paper.  I then sponged some distress ink on some paper and cut out the leaves.  I wanted the ombre look from green, to yellow, to red.  Then simply stamped my sentiment.  I'm really liking the inlaid die technique...it gives the card a professional look and feel.






Here's a close up of the card.  You can see that I used the inlaid die technique.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!















Supplies:

5 comments:

  1. Great card Susan,pretty tree the inlaid die looks terrific! saw your bad weather on the news today and it looked really bad, hope it improves quickly ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous CAS card, Susan! Great idea to use watercolor cardstock, and I love the ombre effect that you created with the leaves! A really lovely sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inspiration card is gorgeous, Susan, and perfect for the challenge wood, er, I mean word! I don't think you're going to get a match in until at least Tuesday. Hasn't this rain been something?! This next one is supposed to really be a gully-washer - stay dry! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is awesome! Soo clean and simple and a perfect sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete