Saturday, February 25, 2017

Less is More - Sketch


We have another challenge starting over at Less is More---a sketch challenge which is one of my favorites.  Always fun to see what you can do with some design inspiration.


Here's the sketch...this is a great sketch and I will be making a few more cards with this image in mind.  However, to start with, here's what I came up with...






I started my stamping my little bear...he is so cute...and coloring him with copic markers.  As I was coloring my bear I wanted to practice adding a lot of contrast, so I made my light source from the right.  I still need more practice, but like the contrast.


I then die cut my circle sentiment and my wavy lines and adhered them to the card base.  It looked a little empty so I added a few dots that match the sentiment.



Here's a close up of my bear.  I can still use a bit of practice on the shading but I guess is works for this card.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!











Supplies:



15 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant colouring wise, you have nailed it. And the wavy stitched lines behind him, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect colouring - the contrast and shading are spot on! I could do with some tips from you! Love this design and the pops of fresh colour from the wavy strips behind the bear. This is one fabulous card! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring looks amazing, Susan, as does your whole card! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Beautiful colouring and colours. The wavy strip background is perfect. Love❤️ this birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb colouring and shading Susan....it sure looks like you do not need any practice from here! Gorgeous colour combo you picked for this card and ..... I have die envy now....that sentiment circle is brilliant. Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just brilliant Susan. Love your super cute teddy take on the sketch with the wavy trio of cheery coloured stripes. Superb colouring throughout. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant take on the sketch, Susan! Such a cute image and fresh colours in the wavy lines :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous contrast on your little bear! I love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Susan. I love the wavy border and birthday circle and you have coloured the cute bear beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Susan ! I love the way you used the sketch with these coloured hills ! And your little bear is so cute and so well coloured ! For me your shading is perfect ! Would love to be able to do as well ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shading looks perfect to me as is the whole of your card. Such a cute little bear and love all of the elements they all work so beautifully together.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ADORE your colouring skills, absolutely faultless in my eyes! Love what you've done with this cute bear and the colours you used for the strips are a great choice for a masculine card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh. I.want.every.thing.you.used.to.make.this.darling.card, Susan! Darn you! I need a second story built on the Playhouse! I think you sell yourself short with your shading ability - looks perfect to me! And the simple addition of the dots is genius! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww such a cute card Susan, great take on the sketch too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card! Such al sweet bear and I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete