Saturday, September 30, 2017

Less is More - Watercolor

We are just getting over a little heat wave...the end of September really!  I'm thinking we might have one more before winter sets in!

We have another challenge starting over at Less is More!  Our theme for this challenge is Watercolor. I've been wanting to use some Kraft cardstock lately so, here's my opportunity to do something a bit more whimsical...at least for me....





I started by stamping and die cutting my little bunny image.  I then used my Zig watercolors to color the image.  I then went crazy and splashed some white paint on the card stock.  I'm a bit of a control freak that normally I would use my splatter stamp instead of going free flowing...but gotta go a bit crazy once in awhile!


Here's a bit of a close up of the card. I love this little bunny...so sweet!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

12 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable, Susan! I love that sweet bunny and the delicate splatter is a great touch....I am glad you went outside of your neat comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable card Susan. Incredible water colouring and your whimsical bunny is soooooooo cute. Great work with the freehand spatters too! Enjoy your week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally cute, Susan. Your splatters look amazing, white is so pretty on kraft... And apparently you are as skilled with Zigs as you are with Copics! Great shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful and oozing cuteness Susan. The bunny looks adorable in those beautiful water colours and love the extra splatters on the card base. Enjoy the heatwave if it continues - it's non-stop rain here! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kraft base was the perfect home for this little cutie. Gorgeously coloured and great work with those splatters, I find them so difficult to control. Oh to have a heatwave, I'm sure I'd love Autumn so much more in the UK if it actually stopped raining, no crunchy leaves here, just mushy underfoot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous cutie, I can't believe your freehand splatters are so well placed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww your bunny is so cute,i want to hug him

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, Susan ! I love this adorable little bunny and your watercoloring is fabulous ! Your freehand splatters are phenomenal, perfectly balanced ! You're sure you're outside your comfort zone ?...Have a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoooooOOooo ! I love this CAS card ! And even more with the kraft color base. Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cuteness overload! This is absolutely adorable, Susan. Love your watercolouring and those splatters. Love your card.
    And congratulatuons on GD this month at PS and YNS. So well deserved. So cool to find out that you are a Canuck too! Looking forward to seeing your GD creations. Have a wonderful week. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable image, beautifully coloured, "he" looks great on the kraft cardstock, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete